Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Less Hard," by Amalia E. Zents 5/19/13

My latest song called, "Less Hard." Here are the lyrics:
(This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.is original content created by Amalia Zents ©Amalia Zents 2013)

"Even out in the Midwest there is stress
You can’t escape it.
Loneliness and Obesity
Cement sidewalks and bad weather
Traffic, so much traffic
Still goes through town
Putting out smoke
Putting out filth
But the sky seems wider here
The sky seems bluer
The winters are long
The nights grow dark and bleak
When the sidewalks are covered in sleet
Downtown there are bright lights
Same as any other place
There’s a little mall
And everyone wants more
The latest and the best
But, I have dreams, same as you
I close my eyes, and when Spring comes
I plant flowers
I remember the cold, and I’m glad it’s Spring.
I remember the frost on the trees
I think of the big city I grew up in
And I’m a little glad I don’t need to be
Around so many people out here
In the Heartland
Where the sky turns majestic colours
That quicken the pulse
Better here than there
The world is a little less hard
Where you keep your identity
By cleaning your backyard".
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.



No comments:

Post a Comment